Friday, October 8, 2010

Whole bunch of stuff

First my Husband is sick with sneezing and coughing so he went to the Drs on Thursday just to make sure it's "just a cold" and it is. The Dr suggested that since I have major surgery in just a few weeks and obviously my immune system is down that my Hubby sleep in a seperate bed and when he is around me to wear a mask. And don't worry we've picked up some Lysol Disinfectant spray to spray in the rooms as well.

Secondly, since these "episodes" have started I have kept a very detailed log on when the seizures take place, what I'm doing, new symptoms, etc. I was reviewing that log the past few days and *knock on wood* I'm going on a few days seizure free but while looking over the log I noticed that over those few days I was barely on the computer. Is it the medicine kicking in finally? Is it that the computer screen is a trigger? I don't know, but I won't be online much anymore just to be safe and cover all basis.

And third, some of you may know who Anwar Knight is from CTV News Weather. As a news and weather junkie I've followed him from The Weather Network to CTV News, or rather you could say he's followed me since I watched those programs before he was there anyways:) He was diagnosed earlier this year with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and has been battling it since very publicly he even has an ongoing blog chronicling his journey. I contacted him to wish him the best and he emailed me back with some great advice. A quote from his email that really hit me because God knows it's true,

"The one thing I have learned is not to jump to conclusions and limit your web surfing. Until you know exactly what your dealing with, there is no point in escalating the anxiety. I regret googling so much....it made for some terrible days. Leave the bulk of the facts to your doctors."

It's true and I found myself googling everything and now I will stop. As I said above I will not be on the computer much anyways, I think I will limit myself to a few minutes every few days. He wished me well and I wish him well in his journey, life is a long journey and you just have to roll with the punches and endure it's ups and downs. So take care everyone!

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment