Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chemo Fashion

So I've been told and have been reading about the effects of chemo and radiation and of course losing your hair is one of them. I figured if I'm going to lose my hair I'm going to look fashionable while doing so:) It's been difficult finding anything real cute, I guess most chemo patients just want to cover their bald heads and don't care about much else but dammit I want to make a fashion statement! So I was thinking it sucks that my chemo and radiation is going to start in the dead of winter right before christmas but that means I can be all chrismasy! lol So I looked online and found a chemo hat that is hand made 100% cottom in fabric that is the Peanuts Christmas lol It is so cute and I will wear it to my radiation appointments:)I saw the cutest chemo hat at the Cancer Centre that I might pick up when I'm there next, and my Mom actually bought me my first chemo hat to. It's white with a satin lining inside and really comfy.I think I'll wear the hat today though, afterall it is kinda cool outside and it will hide my scars since my hair hasn't grown back in yet. Chemo Fashion, such a sad reality that such a thing even needs to exist.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment