Thursday, December 16, 2010

I have excellent News!

I am more than excited to report the following:

I will not be doing Chemotherapy or Radiation! Why you ask? Because the Surgeon got the whole tumor! But what did the chief of staff say to me yesterday? Well he said that he didn't have my original MRI to compare this latest MRI with but he suspects that they got 50-75%. So he really didn't have an accurate number to go with, but of course I left the office feeling depressed and thinking the worse. Well when I saw the Dr today he was going over the Pathologists report with me and said that the only thing that shows up on the MRI are the fiberous tissues that the tumor left behind which is what I was seeing when I viewed the MRI!

He said that with Patients my age with my type of brain tumor (mixed glioma) they prefer to put them into Observation indefinitely. All that means is that for the 1st year I will have an MRI every 4 months,and the 2nd year every 6 months and the 3rd year on it's once every year.Basically they will continously monitor my brain and if anything showed up down the road they would deal with it at that time with radiation first and then chemotherapy , but to do chemotherapy and radiation right now I would be putting my body through unnessessary pain and long term effects. So my first MRI is April 2011. To say I am excited is COMPLETE understatement! This really is the best Christmas Gift I could have ever recieved.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment