Friday, March 11, 2011

The outcome of my Opthamologist appointment

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Having a really attractive Opthamologist with a sexy accent who happens to have an equally cute Intern seems to make it that much easier to be up at 4:30 in the morning to get my eyes looked at:) However, an appointment with an attractive Dr wasn't the reason for my appointment, it was just an added bonus:)

So I went to have my Visual Field Test at St.Josephs yesterday and met with Dr. Rodriguez for the results and the verdict is: There really is no change. I've been saying that I have noticed an improvement in my eyesight but he suspects that's just me learning to adapt to doing things in a different manner. Basically I'm compensating in other areas for the loss of vision that I've experienced.

I managed to yet again stump another Dr too! Yay! I enjoy doing that, it seems to be my thing lol He said that looking at my eyes and the deviation that I have in them that I should have a constant double vision and yet I don't. Immediately following surgery I had very little double vision and now I don't seem to have any at all and he said that by looking at my eyes I really should. The only thing he can figure is that my brain is again adapting and it's trying and succeeding at only recognzing and processing 1 image instead of both at a time that my eyes are seeing. Weird, but cool all at the same time!

So officially, on paper, according to the test results there are no improvements to my vision, I however apparently seem to be adapting well to the perminant deficeits that I now have due to the surgery. So while there are no official improvements there is also no bad news to report which is great. I'll take what I can get and that's just fine with me.

He wants to see me one more time to see how I'm doing but that isn't until Jan 2012. Until we meet again Dr.Rodriguez :)

In the larger scheme of things as well: If this is the ONLY perminant damage I come out of this experience with I will consider myself both lucky and blessed.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment